Grandma Wisdom – Lessons from Nana…
My grandmother is 90 years old and still going strong! Ok maybe not as strong as usual but following some recent time in the hospital, she’s still rather psyched about life and looking forward to “feeling better and getting back to the gym!”
Her excitement about connecting with her friends and working out really struck me in a number of ways. It seems it was just a few years back she was saying: “I’m too old to get on a treadmill or to start working out” and she also wasn’t one to reach out to “make new friends at her age” but following some heart surgery she found some life or death inspiration to begin.
By stepping out of her comfort zone she quickly discovered the very thing she never thought she could do, became the best part of her day. She got healthier, stronger, more independent and made a number of new friends that continue to inspire her and give her more to look forward to each week. So much, that her current inability to see them and workout is her inspiration to get better yet again!
It seemed in a few words she had imparted a great deal of wisdom, along the lines of….
- Do one thing everyday that you’re afraid of!
- Step out of your comfort zone and discover the best parts of your life!
- Always open your heart to new people and unexpected connections!
- Never stop challenging yourself to grow, change, improve or renew!
- Never take your health for granted “use it while you got it!”
- You’re never too old and it’s never too late begin, again!
- Never say never!
That’s one wise Grandma!! But I’m sure she’s not the only one, so if you have some of your own “Grandma Wisdom,” please share some in the comments below. What comfort zones have you had to step out of to discover the the best parts of your life!?!
Posted via Christopher Spiewak‘s WordPress Blog